I. General provisions
1. Website – (online store) located at: www.cfxnutrition.com which makes it possible for the Clients to purchase the Goods.
2. Goods – Goods that may be the subject of trading (sales) and are available for purchase on the Website.
3. Client – a private individual, a legal entity or an organisational unit without legal personality that has legal capacity that make purchases on the Website.
4. COMPANY – CFX Sp. z o.o., a limited liability company with its registered office in Warsaw at Al. Prymasa Tysiąclecia 48A apt. 24, entered into the register of entrepreneurs by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, the 13th Commercial Department, under number: KRS 0000623563, Tax Identification Number: NIP 5272771613, Business Statistical Number: REGON 364534188, which owns the Website. Contact details: email@example.com.
5. Service – a service enabling the Clients to purchase the Goods selected from among the Goods available on the Website.
In order to use the Website, you need to:
a) have a computer equipment with an Internet browser configured in such a manner as to enable access to the Website at www.cfxnutrition.com,
and to accept and use cookie files and connect the terminal equipment with the Internet,
b) have an active electronic mail account (e-mail).
2. A Client who makes a purchase on the Website declares that he or she has full capacity to take legal acts.
II. Use of Service
Purpose of Service
The main purpose of the Service is to enable the Website visitors to purchase the Goods.
The COMPANY exercises due diligence in order to provide top quality Service.
Invitation to form a contract
The information on the Goods available on the Website is an invitation to form a contract within the meaning of Article 71 of the Civil Code.
The prices of the Goods on the Website:
a) are given in the common currency of the European Union (EUR) as gross amount;
b) include the delivery cost.
Changes to Prices
The COMPANY reserves the right to update the prices of the Goods on an ongoing basis. The right referred to in the preceding sentence does not have an impact on the orders placed prior to the effective date of the changed price.
1. The information on the number of business days, i.e. the weekdays from Monday to Friday except for statutory holidays, during which the shipment will be made is given on the page with order details after the Client has placed his/ her order, or is sent by e-mail in a separate message. The above information concerns the time counted from the moment of placing an order against payment, or from the moment the payment is booked on the COMPANY’S account in the case of an electronic payment, until the dispatch of the ordered item to the Client via a courier company. The order processing time is given upon accounting for the time of completing all the Goods you have ordered. Order processing time depends on the availability of the specific Goods.
2. The subject of the order may be delivered via a courier company at the address designated by the Client in Poland and outside of Poland.
3. The COMPANY will not be liable for the extended delivery time or non-delivery because the Client had given incorrect or incomplete data, including an incorrect or incomplete address for delivery.
4. Available delivery methods:
a) Courier mail
Orders are placed via the website at www.cfxnutrition.com;
The ordering process starts when the Client clicks the button “BUY NOW” on the page Buy Now, Start or Effects. The Client will go to the basket site, and then to checkout by clicking the button “Proceed to checkout”; next, the Client will be required to select payment method and give the address details for the Goods shipment and his/ her identification details. Upon entering the required data, the next step is to click the button “Place order” or “Proceed to Paypal” (depending on the payment method selected). The Client will see a page with order summary. As the final step, the Client will receive a confirmation of his/ her order from the COMPANY at the e-mail address he or she has designated previously.
1. The Website allows the following payment methods:
b) a direct bank transfer.
1. Client who purchases a product has the right to file a complaint within one month as of the day of the Goods release to him or her, provided the Client notifies the COMPANY of the inconsistency within two weeks as of the day on which the Client found any inconsistency between the Goods delivered and the agreement.
2. The COMPANY will review the Client’s complaint within 14 (fourteen) days and notify the Client of further actions to be taken.
3. In order for the COMPANY to review the complaint, the Client must deliver the Good or the Goods which are the subject of the complaint together with a proof of purchase of the Goods from the COMPANY and a description of the complaint at the following address: Al. Prymasa Tysiąclecia 48A apt. 24, 01-242 Warszawa. Contact details:
4. If the complaint is recognised in favour of the Client, the COMPANY will repair or replace the faulty Goods for a product of full value, or if the replacement or repair is impossible, the COMPANY will refund the payment for the Goods subject to complaint within 14 (fourteen) days as of the complaint handling date.
5. If the complaint is recognised in favour of the Client, the COMPANY will refund the Client the costs incurred by the Client in relation to the complaint procedure, including in particular the costs of the Goods delivery (return and shipment).
6. A Client who purchases the Goods for purposes relating to his/ her professional activity or business activity (a Client other than a consumer) will have the right to file a complaint in keeping with the applicable regulations, and the COMPANY’S liability under warranty for the physical defects of the products will be limited to the amount that the Client paid to the COMPANY for that product.
Withdrawal from the agreement
1. A Client who is a private individual and who purchases items on the Website other than for the purpose of his/ her business activity or professional activity (a consumer) may withdraw from the sales agreement concerning the Goods purchased on the Website without giving a reason therefor within 14 (fourteen) calendar days as of the Goods release (delivery) date.
2. The deadline is kept if the notice on withdrawal from the agreement is sent before such deadline expires.
3. A Client (who is a consumer) who purchased Goods having features specified by the consumer in his/ her order or who purchased customised Goods will not have the right to withdraw from the Agreement.
1. The COMPANY will not be liable, to the fullest extent permissible under law, for any disturbances, including breaks, in the Website’s operations caused by force majeure, unauthorised actions of third parties or the Website’s incompatibility with the Client’s technical infrastructure.
2. The COMPANY takes all effort to ensure that the services provided on the Website are at the top level, nevertheless the COMPANY does not exclude the possibility of temporary suspension of the Website’s availability should it be necessary to maintain, review, replace the equipment or modernise or expand the Website.
Use of Website
1. Visitors to the Website may use all the Website functionalities that are available to them, including the ability to purchase the Goods available on the Website.
III. Final provisions
Contact with Website
The Company may be contacted via e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Validity of provisions
1. Any disputes between a Client other than a consumer within the meaning of law, and in particular within the meaning of the Civil Code, and the COMPANY, will be resolved by a court having local jurisdiction over the registered office of the COMPANY.
2. In the event of a dispute between a Client who is a consumer and the Company, the Client will have the right to select the court competent for resolving the dispute from among the competent common courts.
As for any matters not governed herein, Polish law, and in particular the Civil Code, and the Provisions of the Special Terms of Consumer Sales and Amendment of the Civil Code Act (Journal of Laws [Dz.U.] of 2002, no. 141, item 1176 as amended) and the Act on Protection of Certain Consumer Rights and Liability for Damage Inflicted by Hazardous Product (Journal of Laws [Dz.U.], no. 22 of 2000, item 271)
Blocking messages sent
To the fullest scope permissible under law, the COMPANY will not be liable if mail server administrators block messages sent at the e-mail address designated by the Client or if the software installed on the computer used by the Client deletes and blocks e-mails.
www.cfxnutrition.com/termsofuse where they may be downloaded to your hard drive and printed out.
Additional Terms and Conditions; EULAs
When you use G2A Pay services provided by G2A.COM Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “G2A Pay services provider”) to make a purchase on our website, responsibility over your purchase will first be transferred to G2A.COM Limited before it is delivered to you. G2A Pay services provider assumes primary responsibility, with our assistance, for payment and payment related customer support. The terms between G2A Pay services provider and customers who utilize services of G2A Pay are governed by separate agreements and are not subject to the Terms on this website.
We and/or entities that sell products on our website by using G2A Pay services are primarily responsible for warranty, maintenance, technical or product support services for those Products. We and/or entities that sell products on our website are primarily responsible to users for any liabilities related to fulfillment of orders, and EULAs entered into by the End-User Customer. G2A Pay services provider is primarily responsible for facilitating your payment.
You are responsible for any fees, taxes or other costs associated with the purchase and delivery of your items resulting from charges imposed by your relationship with payment services providers or the duties and taxes imposed by your local customs officials or other regulatory body.
For customer service inquiries or disputes, You may contact us by email at email@example.com.
Questions related to payments made through G2A Pay services provider payment should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where possible, we will work with You and/or any user selling on our website, to resolve any disputes arising from your purchase.